The report on the use of social media for political engagement by the Pew Internet & American Life Project evaluated the political interaction-activities Twitter and social networking site users performed during the 2010 elections:
- 9% of Twitter users, as opposed to 13% of social network users, used Twitter to post political content.
- 16% of Twitter users used Twitter to acquire candidate or campaign information. 14% of social networking site users, on the other hand, used them for this same function.
- 11% of social networking site users and Twitter users used their respective social web-utilities to follow or friend a candidate.
In order to embed this interactive chart into another website or blog:
- Click the Embed button located under the chart.
- Copy the code provided in the pop-up box.
- Paste the code into your blog or website.
In order to use an image of this chart in another website, blog, PowerPoint or PDF:
- Click the Save button located under the chart.
- Select an image format type.
- Save the image of the chart into your local drive.